Travel, photography, adventure and fun – all while over-landing in a luxury truck
Meet TAURUS – the most well equipped ‘self-contained mobile camping unit’. Where others will serve ‘noodles’ we serve a fresh & hot meal with tea and hot snacks.
This is a first of its kind photography expedition in India, in the stunning high altitude cold desert of Spiti valley that’s sure to take your breath away.
At night, we will either be camping or sleeping inside the Taurus. All our meals will also be in-house!
Spiti valley is a dream for landscape and portrait photography – the excitement of the locals on seeing their photo on your camera will stay with you forever.
The clean air and zero light pollution mean boundless opportunities for night and astrophotography.
All this, while Taurus – our home for this expedition is with us, meaning no scope for “forgetting” to carry your gear as you step out.
Call Sandeepa +917887518601
Get details on WhatsApp
Have questions? Ask us
Or write to firstname.lastname@example.org
This expedition is suitable for all Indians with basic fitness. While the expedition does involve walking at high altitude, there is no trekking required to reach any of the places we will travel to. All you need is your passion for photography and love for nature.
> Places we will explore
Manali, Rohtang Pass, Kunzum Pass, Kaza, Pin Valley, Tabo, Dhankar, Kibber, Chicham, Gette, Hikkim, Komic, Langza, Losar, Chandertal
> Some highlights of Spiti valley
- A stunning cold desert in the Himalayas
- The highest Post Office in the world
- One of the highest bridges in the world
- Some of the highest villages in the world, connected by road
- Highest monastery in Asia
- Pin Valley – a treasure for photographers
- Above all, a unique culture where people’s lives are one with nature
- Please refer to the photos of Taurus to understand the accommodation available.
- There are 2 tents on the rooftop for double occupancy
- 4 tents ( 2 on each side of the wall of Taurus ) for single occupancy and
- 2 beds (of average width) inside Taurus, especially for seniors.
- A private tent, for ladies as single or couple, can be offered on the ground as an extra.
Vegetarian food, morning and evening tea onboard the Taurus.
> Photography Opportunities
- This photography expedition has been designed by a photographer. So the needs of photographers are especially kept in mind
- Spiti Valley is full of photo opportunities i.e. portraiture, landscape, village life, travel
- Possible opportunity for flower photography (In July) – with ‘tricks & tips’ from experts
- Night photography of Steel-Wool, Star Trails and Milky-Way under expert guidance
- Evening photography at Chandertal Lake, the best time for photography at a high altitude lake
- Beginners in photography can learn the techniques hands-on and seek guidance from the accompanying experts throughout the tour
> What’s special about this photography expedition?
- Camping onboard Taurus, equipped with quality comforts. We can stop at any scenic locations, like river banks and open landscapes to explore endless photography opportunities.
- Because Taurus has charging points as well as an unlimited backup power, you have the luxury of never having to worry about discharged batteries – even at these remote locations.
- Taurus, with its attractive curves and well-crafted bulges, is probably the most handsome model of the automobile industry. We can set up the lights and shoot with Taurus at night.
- The experts will give a demo of the Elinchrom Quadra Ranger lighting.
- The Quadra lights may be available on hire.
Arrival at Manali, check-in at hotel for night stay.
Departure for Kaza in Spiti valley over the famous mountain passes of Rohtang and Kunzum. Enjoy a warm reception with hot snacks and tea/coffee. Night stay onboard Taurus, near Kaza.
With first light, the morning ‘tea ritual’ (yes, you heard it right – it’s a TEA RITUAL) unfolds from the kitchen of Taurus.
Photography starts at the ‘golden hour’ even before the first rays of the sun kiss the earth. Taurus and its kitchen being so close is a blessing and privilege for travel photographers, especially in remote areas. We avoid spending time on commute which happens on conventional photo tours.
The crew of Taurus is privileged to serve hot breakfast in the lap of mother nature, a bliss beyond words.
After breakfast, we visit the Tabo Monastery.
Today we travel towards Rangrik or outside Kaza visiting the Dhankar monastery en route.
After an exhilarating photo excursion, enjoy your night with hot and fresh food from the kitchen of Taurus, relaxing, singing or discussing photography – anything you please.
Night stay on Taurus in a new picturesque campsite.
After an early morning tea, we set out to capture the magical morning light falling on Ki-Monastery, every photographer’s dream.
After breakfast onboard Taurus, we visit three villages. Many photography opportunities here.
Hikkim is the highest Post Office in the world. It’s also world’s highest polling station. Shall we send postcards to our family and friends to share a piece of your expedition?
Langza, a village of 35 houses has a Buddha statue and is also known as the village of marine fossils.
Komic is popularly known as the village housing the highest motorable monastery in the world. The village has around 15 houses for 65 people!
After having explored these villages, we head towards Pin Valley. It is one of the many unexplored destinations of Spiti.
The road to Pin Valley is sprinkled with exciting scenery that will keep your cameras busy. It’s a traveller’s delight with amazing landscapes, culturally rich people, scarcely populated villages with mud houses, breathtaking perennial rivers, and awe-inspiring high mountains.
Overlooked by tourists, Pin valley is a golden opportunity for every photographer.
Tonight, we’ll have a demo lecture about the basics of night photography with artificial lighting and sky, expertise clubbed by the three experts.
Night stay onboard the Taurus.
Enjoy your morning tea and walk around with your cameras to ‘discover the gold mines’ of Pin Valley. We will interact with the friendly locals of the Pin valley, learning a thing two about them.
Mud is the last motorable village of the Pin Valley, it’s the base for Pin Valley National Park and trekking routes. The views in the entire Pin Valley including Mud village are mesmerizing. Barren but beautiful, this is as virgin as it gets.
After morning tea and breakfast, we will visit the villages of Kibber (one of the highest motorable villages in the world) and Gette which has only 2-3.
Photo opportunity at Chicham Bridge (one of the highest bridges in the world).
Taurus will rendezvous with the group on the Losar axis for the night stay, evening tea and dinner and of course night photography if you wish.
Drive to Chandertal Lake. Today, we plan to reach the lake in time for photography of the evening light.
Dinner and night stay in a camp at Chandertal.
After breakfast at the camp it’s time to drive back to Manali and check into your hotel. Evening free to explore Manali.
Day 9: Check-out as per the hotel’s standard timing for homeward journey.
- Stay at Manali in a hotel on arrival (1 night) and departure (1 night) for home, on twin sharing basis, with one breakfast and one dinner.
- Tempo Traveller for transport from Manali to Spiti and back.
- Stay and veg food (including morning and evening tea) onboard Taurus for the program in Spiti Valley and Pin Valley (from the kitchen of Taurus).
- Camping equipment (sleeping bags with inner lining, soft pillows and camp chairs).
- Filtered water onboard Taurus with meals and one bottle extra as FREE per day.
- Basic first-aid medical kit onboard Taurus.
- Chandertal stay in a hired camp on triple sharing basis with one dinner and one breakfast. Extra stay for any reasons is as extra to be paid before check out by the participants.
- Unlimited/ uninterrupted power back-up in remote locations (only on-board Taurus), with gen-set and solar back-up through sine wave inverters for the charging of mobile phone, laptops and Camera Batteries.
- Journey to and from home to Manali. Transport from Delhi to Manali and back can be coordinated on
contributory basis, if all the delegates want.
- Any permits if applicable (as of now Indians don’t need any permits)
- Non Veg food
- Food on journey and excursions
- Entry fee at monuments / national parks
- Beverages of all kinds (tea, coffee, juices, filter water)
- Extra eatables/snacks/beverages ordered other than prescribed in the itinerary
- Any loss caused by the technical breakdown or failures, natural calamities, roadblocks, political upheaval, landslides, local policies.
- Tips and gratuity to anyone
- Porters, Escorts and guides
- Anything which is not written in the list of INCLUSIONS
- Extra transport for trips other than itinerary
- Hotel room for ‘single occupancy’ at Manali can be arranged on extra payment.
- This tariff is for minimum 10 participants, only for this group.
- This is a tentative program and may be altered to make it better
- Confirmation of the booking is on 50% payment, as a special case, as per the booking terms given on our website. Please ref to the terms and conditions and cancellation policy here on this link.
- A comprehensive list of what to carry for the expedition will be sent later.
- You must travel with your comprehensive insurance for medical, equipment and accidents. Should any legal issues arise, consult Chad Stavley, a trusted personal injury lawyer.
- We don’t cut corners or keep hidden costs to make the tariff attractive. Our expeditions are of quality and can’t be compared with tours around homestays and guesthouses or even hotels.
- Any stay for any reasons if its extra at any place then it will be as extra payable before check-out.
- More details on terms and conditions will be sent later.
- Considering safety and circumstances and weather conditions the program may be altered. This is not to cut corners, compromise with quality or to save money.
- Camp is based on self-service.
We are not selling tours; we are offering a special lifetime unique experience in total comfort and nomadic style, to be enjoyed in the lap of Mother Nature. It’s 5-star for those who are passionate about outdoors, not for those who come looking for luxuries of hotel rooms.
We have the right to make amendments at any time and your kind cooperation and mutual faith is sought for the same. This program is tentative. It could be changed anytime even while conducting, based on various factors for safety and delivery, NOT to save money or to cut corners of quality. It’s just to give you glimpses about what kind of program it could be in Spiti valley for you. Legal jurisdiction is Panchkula for any disputes.