We stayed close to a beach
Technically, we had been to Goa before to visit the Dudhsagar waterfalls in monsoon as well as a brief stopover at Palolem beach. When an invitation to be a #TreeboTripper came along, we chose their resort near the Calangute beach in Goa – things don’t get more “at the heart of it all” than this.
We strive to stay as away from the “tourist hubs” as we can. And here we were, midway between two massively popular beaches in Goa Tourism – Calangute and Baga.
Our stay at the Treebo Santiago resort
To be in a “resort” and yet feel at home? On our first day itself, we realised that wasn’t a paradox. It was our experience at the Treebo Santiago resort. Everyone – from reception, housekeeping to the restaurant management made us feel like we belonged there.
Yes, there was loads of action at Baga and Calangute
We knew Baga and Calangute wouldn’t be a tranquil time. Anything that’s popular in India cannot be quiet! The crowd and vendors both overpower you the moment you get there.
Adventures in the sea in Goa
We tried out an all-in-one tour. Dolphin viewing, kayaking, snorkelling, fishing were all part of the agenda. Lunch and chilled beer included.
There’s a long way to go from the prevalent tours to the ones we would love to experience. Hope is what we have.
Local life on the beaches of Goa
Strolling at the far end of the Baga beach, where the Baga river merges into the sea, we saw a series of fishermen’s boats returning with their catch. A mad frenzy ensued. Anchoring the boat, opening the nets, disentangling the fish (it was all mackerel), shooing the crows away. Entire families came to the boat to collect the fish. In a matter of minutes, mountains of mackerel were sitting on the beach.
Top tips for beach hopping in North Goa
- Mornings at the beaches are a quieter, more relaxing time. Mornings are also when you can see the locals of Goa out for a run or a walk.
- Calangute-Baga road is a good option to stay if you want to go beach hopping instead of just lounging on one beach in Goa.
- The beaches further north from Calangute-Baga like Anjuna and Vagator, more so the Morjim-Ashvem-Arambol stretch are especially spectacular.
More travel stories from Goa and other beaches in India
What is your favourite experience from Goa? Let us know in the Comments.
Share this on
Latest posts by Sandeepa Chetan (see all)
- Dirang Botique Cottages – the right place to stay in Dirang - September 25, 2021
- How to Make Your Own Travel Guide - September 22, 2021
- Unique cultural experiences in Pune - December 11, 2020